- Launched undercover investigation proving Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) and her husband Marcus own a clinic, Bachmann & Associates, that practices “ex-gay” conversion therapy
- Organized the American Prayer Hour, an event that shined a spotlight on the role American evangelicals played in the introduction of Uganda’s Anti-Homosexuality Bill.
- Created Respect My Research, an online platform where scientists could take right wing extremists to task for distorting their research
- Led successful campaign to have Apple remove Exodus International’s “ex-gay” iPhone app (2011)
- Led a campaign to have Apple, Microsoft and Amazon remove an “ex-gay” app by Living Hope Ministries from their online stores (2018)
- Worked with the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) to find plaintiffs for their landmark lawsuit that put Jews Offering New Alternatives to Homosexuality (JONAH) out of business
- In a joint investigation with South Florida Gay News in 2010, Besen exposed JONAH’s Arthur Goldberg as a Wall Street con artist who served time in jail for stealing millions of dollars
- Organized high profile protests against “ex-gay” programs and right wing extremists across the nation.
- Broke the story of Journey into Manhood co-founder and prominent LDS therapist David Matheson coming out of the closet.
- An undercover operation that outed “ex-gay” conversion therapist Norman Goldwasser as a hypocrite who tried to cure LGBT youth by day, while at night he cruised Man Hunt and Bear Nation for men
- Created the Center Against Religious Extremism (TWOCARE) to provide deep background research against the Religious Right
- Co-founded the NALT Christians Project, to show that Christianity does not require homophobia, and that many Christians support LGBT equality
- Broke the story of “ex-gay” quack conversion therapist Richard Cohen having been permanently expelled from the American Counseling Association
- A robust media presence that includes ABC World News Tonight, MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show, MSNBC’s The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell, CNN’s AC360, Fox’s O’Reilly Factor, FOX’s The Sean Hannity Show, and Comedy Central’s The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Print includes: The Associated Press, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Washington Post,The Advocate, Newsweek, TIME, The Nation and Mother Jones.
Back to Top
Copyright © 2019 Truth Wins Out. All rights reserved.
1230 Arch Street, 5D, Philadelphia, PA 19107 | firstname.lastname@example.org