So it is almost the weekend, and I am doing the Random Ten on time again [!!!] because I remembered how to put headphones in my ears while I’m working. Towleroad reported yesterday that Conor Oberst, aka Bright Eyes, along with a group of fellow Nebraska musicians, has written a letter to the Omaha city council condemning the effort by some in that body to block a nondiscrimination ordinance that would make Omaha a more friendly, progressive place for LGBT people to live and thrive. As we all know, cities that attract artists and LGBT people tend to be the most successful cities on a lot of fronts. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, read your Richard Florida.
So, in considering what to start the Random Ten with, why not Bright Eyes? I am and always have been a shameless Bright Eyes fan boy, and if you have never heard “First Day Of My Life,” and moreover, if you have never seen the video, get ready for warm fuzzies. So we will watch that, we will have a moment and reflect, then we will hit shuffle on the old iTunes, see where we are ten songs later, listen to some more music, etc. More videos after the jump! PS, I totally stole the picture of Conor that Towleroad used, because oh, he is so cute.
Also, before we get to the shuffle, here is a video of otters holding hands. It’s topical, I promise.
1. Rage Against The Machine – “Clear The Lane”
2. Willie Nelson & Kid Rock – “Last Stand In Open Country”
3. Siouxsie and the Banshees – “Switch”
4. Chris Isaak – “Baby Did A Bad, Bad Thing”
5. Ray Charles – “Come Back Baby”
6. Lightspeed Champion – “Tell Me What It’s Worth”
7. Local Natives – “Cubism Dream”
8. David Wilcox – “How Did You Find Me Here”
9. Red Hot Chili Peppers – “The Righteous & The Wicked”
10. Lightspeed Champion – “Dry Lips”
Oh, the David Wilcox song. Wow. Haven’t listened to it in years. One of my favorites.