Here’s your round-up: There was an atrocious election, as Americans went to the polls and loudly shouted, “We are confused and angry about being confused and angry, and also, we have the collective memories of goldfish! USA! USA! USA!” There are a few silver linings though. The end.
Or, as The Onion puts it:
Dismayed by the fact that over the past 24 months they have not experienced the immediate short-term personal gain they had hoped for, Americans went to the polls Tuesday and, for the 112th consecutive time, elected the candidates they deserve.
Some other things happened, we are sure, so scroll and click on things if you’re not caught up yet. Done? Okay, good.
Remember, if you’re in Philadelphia tomorrow, Truth Wins Out will be Lifting Its Luggage in protest at the NARTH convention. A good time will be had by all.
For music this week, I’m starting with an old classic from the Pretenders. Just ’cause. Chrissie Hynde rocks my face. And the way the second verse of “I’ll Stand By You” suddenly modulates down from D Major into C Major, and then back into D for the chorus, is nothing short of brilliant, as sonic painting goes. So, Pretenders, shuffle, first ten songs that come up at random, more videos after the jump, The End.
1. The Dandy Warhols – “I Am Sound”
2. Robert Shaw Festival Singers, cond. by Robert Shaw – “I Will Arise”
3. The Killers – “On Top”
4. Culture Club – “Karma Chameleon”
5. Jason Mraz – “The Dynamo of Volition”
6. Bright Eyes – “You Will. You?Will. You? Will. You?Will.”
7. The Antlers – “Sylvia”
8. Bonnie Raitt – “Feeling of Falling”
9. Beyoncé – “Disappear”
10. Les Miserables – Original Broadway Cast Recording – “Look Down”